Do you love writing a good pitch? Would your friends describe you as confident? Want to get involved with UN-aligned and help us with our media work?
We think you might be a great fit for our new open position: PR Manager
Behind the scenes at UN-aligned we are writing and campaigning relentlessly for change. We celebrate the accomplishments but we’re just getting started and there is so much more to do.
Even the best petition in the world will not create change if the petition does not get the publicity that it deserves. We’d like you to make sure that UN-aligned’s work is shown to influential media outlets, you shouldn’t be afraid of pitching to journalists.
You should be familiar with a media kit and be ready to think on your feet to speak on behalf of UN-aligned with clarity and gumption.
- Create a Media Kit for UN-aligned to be shown to interested parties and introduce us.
- Regularly pitching UN-aligned campaigns to media outlets and influential individuals via email, social letter and maybe even pen to paper.
- Researching grants that UN-aligned may be eligible for plus preparing and performing pitches for eligible grants if necessary.
- Managing all enquiries from media and other organisations who wish to collaborate with UN-aligned to create and maintain good relationships.
- Plan online, virtual events to “get the word out there” about UN-aligned.
- Your beliefs align with our beliefs on the environment, animal welfare and Human Rights.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to dedicate approximately six hours per week to the role.
- Love communicating with others via email, on the phone and face to face + if you love talking about UN-aligned that’s a bonus!
- Can be trusted to create your own projects and execute them to the best of your ability within an agreed time frame.
- Your friends might have called you an internet detective, if you’re looking for journalist Bob Smith’s email, you won’t stop until you’ve found him (plus photos from his family holiday in 2014).
- Highly responsible, if you’ve told an organisation that you’ll hop on a call with them at 17:00, we know you’ll already be online and waiting for them at 16:59.
- Responsive to Emails and messages with the UN-aligned team. This role is highly integrated with all other areas of UN-aligned so replies within 24 hours on a working day would be ideal.
- We will show you the ropes and integrate you into the team slowly
- Specific PR experience is useful but isn’t a requirement, your positive nature and proactive approach to work is most important.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/Hj8D62YnBA4DtxTx9