Join this practical and informative online workshop, which will culminate in a published article in The Gordian.
In the space of just five lessons, starting on the first of July, Adrian Liberto, author, journalist, a former professor at the American University of Rome and current editor-in-chief of the Gordian Magazine, will teach you how to overcome your weaknesses in writing.
Adrian will use his vast reserves of experience and enthusiasm to give you an overall assessment of your writing strengths and weaknesses and how to maximise the former and overcome the latter. This is an unmissable opportunity for anyone looking to sharpen their journalistic skills. After the course you will be offered the opportunity to send your piece for publication in the Gordian, UN-aligned’s monthly publication.
- Stage one (starting on the 1.09.2021): This will consist of an individual initial assessment and a Zoom meeting where your chosen topic will be discussed and the framework for your article agreed.
- Stage two: Your outline will be refined and you will be given guidance on how to research your article adequately and how to select appropriate material.
- Stage three: Your first draft will be returned to you with corrections and suggestions in order to improve your vocabulary, grammar and style, particularly with reference to getting your message across convincingly and effectively.
- Stage four: Your second draft will be polished and edited. You will receive detailed feedback on final alterations.
- Stage five: You will receive an overall assessment of your writing strengths and weaknesses and how to maximise the former and overcome the latter.
- You will need to be a member of UN-aligned. If you are not a member, you can register for free here.
- You will be willing to send your completed article for publication.
- You will be self motivated and available to work within agreed timescales.
- Basic communication skills in English
This course is for…
- Aspiring and freelance journalists.
- Anyone who writes a blog and wants advice on how to improve their writing.
- Anyone who works for NGOs and wants to submit pieces to editors to promote a cause that’s important to them.
- Those wishing to improve their writing skills to convey a point of view.
Adrian Liberto is the Coordinator and Editor-in-chief of The Gordian Magazine. Graduated with a masters in journalism, he is also the author of Unravelling the United Nations, a book on the shortcomings of the UN. Adrian has lectured at various universities, including the American University of Rome as a business writing professor.
Price of the course
- Free of charge
Please note that this is an individual course and owing to its nature of teaching method it has a limited capacity of 5 people. So we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.