As Veganuary approaches, more and more people are looking to find ideas for healthier, more environment-friendly, and really yummy vegan recipes. To support your efforts The Gordian Magazine has decided to regularly include new recipes in our monthly publication. Whether you are turning vegan to reduce carbon emissions, protect animals from slaughter or to save a few quid, we got you covered.
If you have any favourite vegan/vegetarian recipes, please send them to us. We would love to publish them. The following Bolognese with lentils recipe was sent to us by UN-aligned treasurer, Jonna Lappalainen.
Bolognese with lentils ingredients
- A can of lentils (about 230g)
- 2 carrots
- Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste or puree
- 2 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon and smoked paprika
- A can of tomato sauce or tomatoes (about 400g)
- 1-2 dl of water (if needed)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 dl of basil
- Salt and black pepper
How to make it
- Cube or grate the carrots and slice the onion, garlic and chili. Fry the onions, garlic and chili until fragrant and then add the carrots.
- Add the tomato paste and spices and fry for a few minutes. Then add the tomato sauce, vinegar, basil and season with salt and pepper. Add water if needed and bring to boil.
- Rinse the lentils, add in and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, couscous or rice.