Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinators are elected individuals that serve a period of four years. Their main role is to lead the Central Office and oversee the activities of the Parishes.
- To lead the Central Office team and offer regular supervision sessions to staff members.
- To appoint Central Office support staff, including the Administrator and Information Officer.
- To co-manage the operations, the resources and the development of UN-aligned.
- To represent UN-aligned at national and international fora.
- To work closely with the other coordinator or coordinators and ensure that duties are shared effectively.
- To ensure that staff members receive regular in-house training, and when possible, external training as well.
- To be involved in disciplinary matters in accordance with the UN-aligned Disciplinary Procedure.
- To hold regular meetings with Central Office staff, making use of conference calls when this is the most feasible option.
- To oversee the internal communication strategy of UN-aligned, including Parishes, and ensure information is disseminated in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- To create links with NGOs, human rights organisations and advocacy groups whose objectives coincide with those of UN-aligned.
- To promote and publicise the aims and objectives of UN-aligned.
- To campaign for justice via petitions, letters, interview, articles, canvassing, boycotts and any other appropriate means.
- To supervise the publication of the weekly newsletter.
- To support the establishment of political parties when these become viable.
- To be involved in the creation of a transparent and efficient accounting system when this becomes necessary.
- To explore and pursue funding streams when UN-aligned will require funds in order to carry out its functions effectively.
- To ensure Job Descriptions, including this one, are updated as and when necessary.
- To set a positive example in the carrying out of all UN-aligned duties.
- Work with every member of the team in a supportive and consistent manner.
- Uphold the manifesto as well as the policies and procedures of UN-aligned.
- Safeguard the ethos and principles of UN-aligned and ensure that development and growth is in line with these norms.
- Support Parishes and members that may be vulnerable to political intimidation.
- Encourage the creation of Parish support networks.
- Keep up to date with world affairs, including political, social, environmental, technological and scientific developments.
- Be able to prioritise issues that require urgent attention.